Graduate Management Trainee
The role holder is a graduate trainee on the Belfield Group Graduate Programme. The programme is 2 years in duration, encompassing 3 x eight month placements across the business. The aim of the programme is to give graduate trainees an insight into how the business operates and to develop the appropriate skills necessary for a leadership career within the business.
Whilst on placement, the role holder will have responsibility for the successful delivery of set projects that have clear objectives with achievable and recognisable outcomes. These will also incorporate some day-to-day operational work allowing the trainee to contribute to the on-going work of the team in which they are based. The placements will develop the trainee’s skills, knowledge and experience, whilst delivering tangible outcomes to the business.
To gain experience across various divisions and departments across the Group and to develop knowledge and skills necessary for a leadership role within the business. This will cover a structured development programme as well as undertaking project based and operational work which will contribute to the work of department/division in which they are based.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1 – Lead and contribute to projects and initiatives:
- Take on operational responsibility for completing projects within the department in which they are based,
- Ensure successful delivery of projects in line with agreed timescales and budgets and to the required quality standard.
- Provide overall day-to-day coordination of projects, act as the main point of contact for the project, ensure the placement manager is kept informed of the progress of the projects throughout process.
2 – Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with key stakeholders across the business. Promote the business positively within and outside the Company to build networks.
3 – Take personal responsibility for continuous personal and professional development and seek out learning opportunities across the Group.
|SKILLS||Excellent communication skills both verbal and written||•|
|Self-motivated and able to develop ideas and initiatives||•|
|Ability to work in a collaborative manner as part of a broader team||•|
|KNOWLEDGE||Excellent IT skills - Advanced user in all Microsoft packages||•|
|EXPERIENCE||Experience of using relevant IT packages to produce professional documents, reports and presentations||•|
|A minimum of one year’s relevant working experience ideally within a manufacturing or FMCG environment.||•|
|QUALIFICATIONS||A 2:1 degree or higher in a relevant subject achieved within 5 years prior to application||•|
CORE BEHAVIOURS (How we need operate)
Drive for Results
- Consistently deliver against ambitious goals
- Prioritise effectively to ensure the right things get done in a timely manner
- Demonstrate confidence in your own ability
- Empower others to learn and develop
- Demonstrate a level of Ambition (for yourself, for your team and for your employer)
- Be Decisive and be comfortable in managing ambiguity
- Apply Problem solving tools and techniques
- Apply Delegation, organisation and time management skills – both for yourself and others
- Demonstrate Teamworking and relationship-building capability (the best managers are team players)
- Use your Influencing skills (the ability to inspire confidence in others and get their buy)
- Use your Emotional intelligence (in order to help a team work better together)
- Demonstrate the ability to give (and receive) constructive feedback and get the best out of people
Adaptability and Flexibility
- Respond positively to change
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and approach
- Be driven and energised by new challenges
- Use your initiative and don’t be afraid to make decisions
- Demonstrate a commercial attitude
- Show your capacity to be aware of and focus on the bigger picture
- Be business-minded and appreciate the need for cost management and value generation.
A Creative Thinker
- Innovative – come forward with fresh thinking and new approaches
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset
- Adapt easily to new situations
- Show Curiosity and a questioning mindset
- Offer imagination and vision.
Learning and Growth
- Actively seek feedback and be aware of your own personal strengths and weaknesses
- Identify opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills
- Proactively engage in development opportunities
- Participate in networks across the business to share knowledge and to learn from colleagues’ experience
How to apply
Simply email your cv to us at: email@example.com with your covering letter to explain why you are interested in working for The Belfield Group & your main achievements to date. (max 750 words).
Closing Date Thursday 9 April at 9am
If you are successful, we will write to you week commencing Monday 20 April inviting you to take part in the second stage.